Monday, April 1, 2019

April Is For Fools!


Both my daughters are special education teachers and I couldn't be more proud of them for the hard work they do day in and day out with kids who need extra attention. But to tell a tale, my oldest daughter was following up with one of her classes on a short story they'd read by showing a film adaptation. It was a small piece from the early 80's and she told them of its vintage. She was somewhat gobsmacked when one of her charges asked, without a residue of irony, if any of the people in the movie were still alive. That's worth a guffaw for sure, but man does it make you quake a bit as Father Time continues to ply his trade and the minutes tick away. The 80's were like last month, the 90's like last week and this new century feels like yesterday to me. But the best defense is a good offense they tell me and so I will keep on keepin' on with this here blog.


Up this month is a look at some of Ralph Bakshi's movies. Bakshi is a remarkable figure in film and animation and I'm only beginning to really appreciate that.


Also the Dojo will finally at last wrap up the "Favorite Comic Artist Countdown" with the Top Ten revealed before your very eyes. I know you wait with baited breath and you really need to brush. Don't we all.


This and more when I think of it, as April is indeed a month for fools.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment