Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Man Of Newton!


While I was researching The Phantom for some earlier posts, I rand across this Superman illustration by the late great Don Newton. Something about it tickled my consciousness. Aside from being a neatly crafted image featuring the Son of Krypton at his most majestic it reminded me of something I'd seen recently.


That something was Henry Cavill in his role of Superman. I've been most impressed by the DC movies of recent vintage and Man of Steel most of all. The notes were all there for a admittedly darker but still utterly fascinating of what it might be like if there really were a Superman. Recent reports say that despite gossip Cavill is not leaving the role, to which I say "Huzzah!"

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Did you see The Man From UNCLE with Cavill?
    He showed in that role that he's more than capable of delivering the missing elements of the character if they'd just give him a good script.

    Of course, always good to see more Newton and old RBCC days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think actually Cavill was good in The Man from UNCLE, he did what he was asked to do in the role quite well. I think he's magnificent as Superman though in stories which have heft and weight for my money.

      Rip Off

      Delete