Monday, January 21, 2019

The Latest Death Of Captain Marvel!


With that movie coming out and all, Marvel has seen fit to put out yet another version of The Death of Captain Marvel. This one not only includes the famous graphic novel and the key issues from late in the series when Nitro "kills" Captain Marvel and the Marvel Spotlight issues in which Mar-Vell discovers his fate, but reaches all the way back to the very beginning and puts together the very first Captain Marvel tale of how he first came down to Earth to be among man. And since I'm a total sucker for this period of Captain Marvel, I picked up this tome. But there's nothing new here for folks who already have these tales in the other tomes in which they have been printed. But it's nifty (for me anyways) to have this alpha and omega edtion of the Kree captain.








Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I own the original Super-Heroes #12, but I've just advance-ordered the True Believers issue that reprints it. I'm a sucker for the TBs - they're just so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earliest Captain Marvel material was held in such low regard for so many years, but I'm happy as a clam that so much of it is finding new audiences.

      Rip Off

      Delete