Sunday, August 4, 2019

Godzilla - The Criterion Era!


What a magnificent dilemma! In a few months The Criterion Collection folks will be issuing the Showa Godzilla movies. When I first heard they were going to do this, I imagined a new movie every little bit since I already have and have enjoyed their presentation of Godzilla itself. But apparently they are issuing the entire Showa canon at one time in a luxurious collection with each of the fifteen movies getting its own distinctive artistic treatment. It's a hefty price tag, but not an unfair one. I have good versions of most of these movies already, but not always the Japanese version. I wish each film was graced with its own commentary, but I don't see any evidence of that. Take a look at what The Criterion Collection has planned here. Take a gander at the individual art for each movie below.
















Rip Off

1 comment: