Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Great Day Remembered!


I found this post while rummaging around the Dojo.

"My beautiful wife gave me permission to go to a comics shop yesterday. How rare is that. We had a great anniversary dinner and while she spent her afternoon working on some pottery, I was to go see Terminator Salvation at the cheap movies. But it was her idea for me to go on up to a local shop I rarely visit and give it a look over. I was stunned, but not so stunned as to not take advantage.

"Long story made shorter, I went and I found a gem of a comic. I've been needing the debut issue of Charlton's Jungle Tales of Tarzan for practically a year. This series by Joe Gill and Sam Glanzman is a gem. The first three issues are by Glanzman and the fourth is by the Montes and Bache team. Pat Masulli's cover for the debut issue is fascinating, showing the clear influence of Gordon Scott's physique. I've been finding an issue here and there of this four-issue series, but I despaired finding the number one. Yesterday there it was for a very reasonable price. And I have my wife to thank for it. Great day!"




I've since picked up these underrated tales by Gill and Glanzman in the The Unauthorized Tarzan from Dark Horse when they had the rights some years ago.


I was much touched when I stumbled across that vintage post from the early days of the Dojo. It made me miss my beloved mate ever so much more and reminded me of times when we were in the rough and tough struggle of the day-to-day together. She was as I said in the post, a "beautiful" lady who was gentle and generous and really did care about others more than herself. She was my Jane, though I make a pretty hapless Tarzan. Today is her birthday as well as our anniversary and the only present I can continue to give her is the love I still feel in my heart every minute of every day and to remember her in this world. We will be together again, of that I'm certain.

Dean

5 comments:

  1. A memory of a perfect moment is what makes life worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very poignant post. I'm glad you found your soul-mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding someone who supports your interests (no matter how weird or nerdy!) is a wonderful thing. I'm glad you had that time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very romantic post mate very good to remember your true love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all who took a moment -- thanks very much.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete