Monday, November 5, 2018

Favorite Heroes Countdown #26 - The Peacemaker!


Pat Boyettets Peacemaker is a concept which is mocked by some, and frankly I've never understood why. Christopher Smith was a diplomat who traveled the globe attempting to come to terms with the dangerous folks he encountered. When that failed he donned his uniform and strapped on his weapons and confront the villain. It was a bit of wish fulfillment about how to handle the myriad of problems the world confronts. Looking at the way we deal with world problems today makes me think of the well-meaning Christopher Smith and his spectacular helmet.


But whatever the case, I love the "Action Heroes" from Charlton and Peacemaker though largely forgotten save in the guise of Alan Moore's Comedian is fantastic as rendered by Pat Boyette.

Rip Off

1 comment:

  1. I've never read an issue of Peacemaker, though at least I've heard of him. I agree, the concept sounds interesting rather than worthy of mockery.

    ReplyDelete