Friday, November 9, 2018

Favorite Heroes Countdown #22 - Martian Manhunter!


When I showed up to read comics, the Martian Manhunter had largely vanished. His series in House of Mystery had ended and his membership in the Justice League had largely lapsed as he'd returned to Mars. It seemed that DC thought him too silly for the times which demanded they thought a realism that simply didn't adhere to J'onn J'onz.


But I kept finding old issues of JLofA and I found that the stories with Martian Manhunter really grabbed me, and oddly I liked his simple look. He was Superman without the glamour or baggage and was often used in just that fashion.


Many years later I found the original stories and fell in love with the character even more. Eventually he returned to Earth and to the League and became for a time an integral part of it. He's gone through lots of transformations, but though it all he's been a hero.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment