Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Sinister Shocker!


I've always cottoned to the Sinister Shocker. One of those Spider villains concocted after the departure of Steve Ditko, the Shocker is the type of menace I thought excelled in the world of Spidey, one who was small-minded in terms of villainy and so had identifiable motivations and a villain armed with technology.


The Shocker uses some pretty sleek looking tech to make himself dangerous. A nifty belt and some handsome gauntlets supply the oomph. But the quilted suit is genius, as it not only gives him a distinctive look, one modern and nigh realistic, but is unique as far I can remember.


I always thought of the Shocker as slightly less powerful, but somewhat more credible villain than Electro. Electro's classic look was always one of the weakest aspects of the character, his costume having more of a vintage DC styling than a more realistic Marvel look.


The Shocker just looks sharp in action, the lines of the costume conforming to the body in ways to make him feel sleek. As far as I know the costume has never been changed, and I was a bit disappointed more of it wasn't used in the movie, but I get those things. The Shocker is one villain who could almost translate to film intact and most folks wouldn't bicker I suspect.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment