Saturday, November 6, 2021

The Spy Who Came In From The Wood!


With this month beginning a bit late, I've altered my plans a bit. I started re-reading the THUNDER Agents from Tower Comics as part of a larger project but became so enthralled once again with the art and storytelling of Wally Wood, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko, John Giunta, Mike Sekowsky, among many others that I've just focused on those again. It's been many years since I last read through these vintage Silver Age wonders and they continue to hold up quite well. I'll be brushing off some reviews I did for the IDW reprints some time back and seeing if I still agree with myself. 


Also on tap this month are some reviews and whatnot about Wally Wood that I first did for my now defunct sister blog "Rip Jagger's Other Dojo" which came into service briefly when this one became inaccessible for a time. I want to import the best of those here. 


And I don't rule out a few brand new items of interest as the month tumbles along. Wally Wood was a tragic genius in comic art and the more I read by him and about him, the more fascinated I become. 


See you all as the month unfolds.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment