Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Coming Of the Man-God!


This is one of my comic book dreams come true. One of the earliest comics I ever stumbled across in my youth was the singular Hercules from Charlton Comics by Sam Glanzman, Joe Gill, and Denny O'Neil. I fell in love with the book immediately and despite having the issues in the original and some in proper reprints, I have yearned for a proper collection to make the reading of this true saga a real event. And now it's arrived at last, dropping on my porch  a few days ago. It's handsome and light, ready to read. I know I'm being greedy, but I want Thane of Bagarth now -- it never ends.














Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Yes Thane of Bagarth promised to be a great story but sadly as so many fillers never fulfilled their promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rarely has a series so diverged from its beginnings as did the Thane of Bagarth. Still and all, the artwork by Jim Aparo and Sanho Kim deserves a larger audience. The early chapters by Skeates and Aparo in particular are amazing.

      Rip Off

      Delete