Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Astonishing Ant-Man!


For a time Henry Pym was my favorite hero. The hard-luck hero who never seemed to find his real niche in the Marvel Universe was someone who a reader could identify with. While other heroes had troubles from time to time, Hank's always seemed to be rooted in his own personality and lack of confidence. He became Ant-Man and then Giant-Man and later Goliath before switching to Yellowjacket. He went back and forth and back again over the years, eventually handing off identities to others to carry on. I don't really know his status now in the Marvel Universe, but I do know that the Ant-Man movies have been two of Marvel's most entertaining, reminding me of why I liked the size-switching hero long ago...even if it is Scott Lang in the lead now.







Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I've only got one of those True believers Ant-Man comics - I'll have to see about tracking down the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are fun, and a nice price. I picked up one of the Daredevil ones yesterday. I don't get the more recent ones (at least in my old eyes) but the vintage stuff from yesteryear are nifty as all get out.

      Rip Off

      Delete