Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Meet The Rocketeer!


Here's a promotional poster image of The Rocketeer by Dave Stevens.


The image is the dynamic debut of the character from the last page of the debut story.


Here's that same page remastered and recolored by Laura Martin from the new IDW reprints.


Above is the front cover of the Mike Grell comic Starslayer which debuted the Rocketeer.


And here's the back cover.

Here's most of the first chapter.








Looking at this story again this way makes me want to see it animated. With modern computer effects, I'd love to see this work move, it's so lively as it tumbles across the page in its static form.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Rocketeer, there was nothing else like it, Dave Stevens' love and talent was immense, unequaled. I picked up the first issue of the new series this morning, it's sitting there on me chair, waiting for me, whispering of the joy that is to come.

    nice one, Rip.

    Starslayer was awesome sauce, too. you ought to do a post on Starslayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Starslayer, even after Grell left it. I think I picked up the Pacific issues again a few years ago, but I don't have any of the First issues anymore.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete