Monday, May 23, 2011

Copperhead Kid!


When I caught a glimpse of this Norwegian comic book cover, I knew immediately it was a Jack Kirby drawing, and more specifically a Kirby drawing of Marvel's Kid Colt.


The original is found on an early issue of Gunsmoke Western and it was featured here at this very blog a very late last year.

Those are some rather large changes to make to an already successful image. They not only re-designed him (like the cuffs) but they made him a redhead. I do have to confess that the Copperhead Kid is a reasonably dynamic looking chap though.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of Kid Colt, but I've gotta admit the Copperhead Kid looks a lot more interesting. The color scheme just works better. Not sure about those wristbands, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cuffs myself. Although the knobs seem a bit of overkill.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete