Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Prince Valiant Companion!


I'm only beginning to plow its great depths, but yesterday while the wife and I drove to Louisville to pick up our girls at the airport, I took the chance to stop off at The Great Escape, a place I haven't ventured to in many years. Back in the old days, I have great memories of getting to this store maybe once a year and finding some really off-the-wall comics. I built my Spirit collection there for instance.

Yesterday I found a really great bargain, The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion compiled by Brian M. Kane. There's great art from Hal Foster (of course), John Cullen Murphy, and the new guy Gary Gianni. There are interviews and some real treats. Some that I've already grokked are tryout pages by various artists for John Cullen Murphy's seat. There are pages by Gianni of course, Charles Vess, Tom Grindberg, and others.

It's a handsome volume and I got it on sale to boot. Great stuff!

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment