Monday, July 20, 2020

Twelve!

12 Monkeys Movie Posters From Movie Poster Shop

Six months ago or longer this original Rip Jagger's Dojo broke. Eager to stay up and running in the blogosphere I fashioned an "Other Dojo" and it has served well. But I find this old place is active again, and frankly I want to come home. For the past several weeks, both Dojos have operated more or less identically, but that's about to change. With today's post we begin a countdown to changes at the Dojos. For the most part don't expect expansive posts for the next dozen days while I use the time to spruce up things attend to necessary house cleaning. 

And now for 12 Monkeys. This movie by director Terry Gilliam is a thoughtful time travel yarn with many of the bizarre touches associated with the director who once upon a time gave Monty Python its distinctive appearance. But what I most remember about this flick is that it convinced me that Brad Pitt could act. Despite a reputation as a wonderful specimen of mankind's loveliness, I realized there was more to him. Other movies, most notably the recent Once Upon a Time in Hollywood have convinced me I was right. Pitt is not just another pretty face. 

Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that a few weeks ago Rip good to see you returning to your roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything keeps working. The more I've played around in the old digs, the more comfortable and cozy it is.

      Delete
  2. Good to sre you back Rip but did not stop checking you out when yo temporarily moved places, 12 monkeys one of my favourite films could watch it over and over again and see or hear another twist in the plot.
    I did catch a few episodes of the series on Syfy here okayish, although my lad stuck with it as he really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never gave the TV show a try so I can't judge. The movie does stand up to repeated viewings and has the delightful complexities I expect in a good time travel yarn.

      Delete