Wednesday, July 8, 2020

An Artistic Dragnet!


I happened to catch the first few episodes of the classic Dragnet (the 50's version) on TV a few weeks ago and that got me to looking some stuff up about the show. I was surprised to learn that Raymond Burr was on the debut episode as the boss. The show can be wonky for sure especially the later 60's rendition, but by and large I enjoy even its wackier episodes from time to time. Anyway while looking around I saw this wonderful cover for a 50's Whitman book. Here's a glimpse of the wraparound cover.


It's great! Does anyone know the artist? I guess I'm putting out a dragnet of my own -- no names need be changed.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it’s by Allen Anderson:
    https://www.pulpartists.com/AA.html

    ReplyDelete