Monday, December 3, 2018

Guardians Of The Galaxy Awesome Mix Tapes!



On a whim I was traveling a few hours on the highway and needed some distraction. So I picked up some music, specifically Volumes 1 and 2 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tapes. There's no secret that the delightful tunes contributed mightily to the success of the  two movies about the Guardians we've had so far, and frankly some of my boyhood favorites are included in these tapes. I won't say that every song is one I delight in hearing, some I heard far too many times on the AM radio of my youth, but songs like "Go All the Way" by the Raspberries in Volume 1 and "Brandy" by Looking Glass on Volume 2 are inside my DNA from my earliest days listening to pops songs. I still remember buying the 45 RPM for the Raspberries song. Volume 1 is definitely stronger than the Volume 2, but both are spirited entertainments, little packages of nostalgia, that not only make me think of the two entertaining Marvel movies, but hearken back to the days of my youth. It sure made the trip pass by more quickly.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment