Saturday, December 1, 2018

Bah Humbug!


I've warned all my family members and dependents that I am not feeling the season much if at all. If Kris Kringle tries to break into my house this year, he might get his cold red ass shot. So in this final  month of the year which is saturated with all things dedicated to the holiday season, expect nothing here, at least nothing in support of the event. We live in dangerous times and waxing on about the faux-brotherhood we should be feeling during this season of hyper-mercantilism is hardly the way to fix the fundamentals. I'm not hating on the season, so much as I wish to remain indifferent to it. Perhaps this announcement is a basic failure in that effort and reveals a deeper animus, but there we are.



Instead this will be a month in which I catch up on a number of things which happened while I was dutifully counting down my favorite heroes such as the passing of the comic book's greatest raconteur Stan Lee and the continuing misery our Dotard-in-Chief continues to dish out to the harmless who seek at minimum an hospitable greeting at our southern border.


The Democrats have captured one element of the legislative branch and so most of the worst which might happen can now be stopped, but it will in no way cause the troll who lives in our esteemed Oval Office to behave in a more civilized manner. Instead we can count on more tantrums as reality comes to call on the steps of the White House. I'm sure we've not seen the last assault on the Constitution and in fact we might only be in the opening stages of a true crisis.



All that and more this month at the Dojo -- something different everyday. I noticed there were no ladies in my hero countdown, so maybe I'll have to address that oversight this month as well.  But no Season's Greetings save that most famous Dickensian eruption -- Bah Humbug!

Rip Off

1 comment:

  1. I'm a few days late, Rip, but I'm looking forward to your December posts (and enjoying the ones you've posted so far!)

    I don't say it enough, but on behalf of many of your readers, I/we really appreciate your topic selections as well as your thoughts on matters ranging from Washington D.C. to DC's Apokolips... though for two years, the distinction has been somewhat negligible.

    Keep at it, Rip!

    ReplyDelete