Monday, December 25, 2017

Have Yourself A Gamma Little Christmas!


I hope everyone out there has a Merry Christmas and I wish Season's Greetings to each and everyone of you. This little Christmas card from the Marvel Bullpen jumped out at me (kinda' literally) and I immediately recognized the source despite the addition of the little heroes in the corner and the Santa gear (by Mirthful Marie most likely).


One of my favorite images of the Incredible Hulk is this incredible image by Jack Kirby which appeared as the front of the great sweatshirt Marvel licensed way back in its heyday.


As can be seen by this vintage ad which features the artwork of Marie Severin and images from sundry issues of Tales to Astonish. 


Here's another classic ad which gives you a look at the delightful back image for this hilarious sweatshirt. The allure for me was and is mighty, and for a mere two ninety-eight it could've been mine. I never got one, but I've always wanted one. Maybe next Christmas.

Rip Off

8 comments:

  1. Best to you, Rip!

    Thanks for all you do! Your efforts are much appreciated by your online pals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you sir. Thanks for the kind words, they are very much appreciated.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, Rip. The small drawings may have been 'added' by Marie Severin, but they were 'cutouts' of Jack Kirby drawings. (Spidey by John Romita by the looks of it.) Happy 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see my mistake, I only meant the Santa elements were drawn by Mirthful Marie, but I was unclear. I read those as Kirby characters too, save for the Spidey.

      Rip Off

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We are having a nice holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Rip Off

      Delete