Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Jane Of My Jungle!


It seems almost impossible that it's been five years since I lost my Lizzie -- my "Jane", the woman I've spent most of my lifetime with, and the woman who was the mother of our two delightful, lovely and admirable daughters. I lost her sooner than I expected, quicker than seemed possible, but now five years after, the wounds have begun to close over slightly. But nonetheless I will never betray the memory of the woman I loved, and the woman I still love. 


My "Jane" is no longer here for me to talk to and to laugh with and to take care of. And she's no longer here to take care of me as I become officially an old man on Medicare. I step into the unknown without her wisdom and guidance and support. She helped me order my disordered life and as the cards get shuffled again, I miss my lover all the more. 


The Dojo has taken a brief hiatus around this time in years past, and so too this year in loving memory of my beloved Lizzie. Normal activity (more or less) will resume in a week or thereabouts. 


Be well my friends and cherish the ones you have -- they are not yours to keep for all time.

Dean

8 comments:

  1. Please allow me to say I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a great relationship. Be kind to yourself Rip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatifully and respectfully said Rip. The way you write about Lizzie just shows how lucky and loved you were by her, and i don't think that the end I'd never really the end Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Sunday (April 24th) was the 34th anniversary of the death of my sister Lucy aged 19. She was my only sibling and she is always in my thoughts. Best wishes to you and your daughters on this sad anniversary, Rip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My thoughts are with you. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I've never known such love and it's unlikely I ever will - too old now, maybe even too selfish. Probably my own fault, as unless you can love someone (even yourself) with all your heart, then you can't expect anyone to love you back. Sometimes, though, I wish I'd had someone like your Lizzie in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be a very lucky fellow if you did find someone like that. I'm pretty selfish myself, but I was fortunate early in life to make a wise decision.

      Delete