Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Right Kirby Stuff!


I want this. In the Jack Kirby canon the Sky Masters of the Space Force have in many ways been the most elusive of his projects. The series has had a few collections over the decades, but I've managed to miss them all and only have a few installments which ran in Comics Revue. Now at last we have what appears to be a quality reprint of the Sunday color pages.


The dailies for this comic strip project were reprinted recently by Hermes Press. I didn't pop the cork on that for the simple reason it didn't contain the color sections and Hermes dailies can be a little suspect (too few per page for my tastes). But I'll likely add this to my list since I want to read the Sky Master of the Space Force saga in its brief entirety.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone.
    I can scarcely believe this exists now. I had kind of thought we hadn't seen them before because the strips were lost, otherwise surely they would have been collected before now.
    Or so i had thought.
    Thanks for putting this on the radar. Me wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been collected in the past, but those are currently pretty pricey. Greg Theakston's Pure Imagination has a collection I know. Now we have one we can afford and it claims to be complete. I'm eager.

      Rip Off

      Delete