Friday, December 28, 2012

Tintin On The Move!




A highlight among my many splendid Christmas presents were the first two seasons of The Adventures of Tintin, the animated cartoon adaptation of the classic Herge' comic strip. I quickly ordered and have already received the third and final season.


With the recent film adaptation by Spielberg and Jackson (which I reviewed here) this 1990's cartoon was deemed sufficiently relevant to get a go at the modern American marketplace. I only got hold of the Tintin adventures a few years ago and gave them a read through, so all of this is neatly fresh to me still.

These cartoons adapt the classic stories in two-part segments for the most part and follow through on all the Tintin adventures save for the controversial ones in the Soviet Union and the Congo and the unfinished Alph-Art. Some changes were made for modern sensitivities, but by and large the essence of most of the tales is intact according to reports.

I'm eager to dive in.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment