Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Silver Mine!



Perhaps the purest pop-culture American hero is The Lone Ranger. He's a cowboy, a resurrected Texas Ranger who seeks justice but not vengeance alongside his Indian friend and companion on a sprawling and wild Western landscape. He embodies those aspects of human character we deem best and most hopeful.


Well I was able to get a heaping dose of classic Ranger action when I found and bought the utterly fabulous collection of the first two seasons of Clayton Moore's defining turn as the hero. This collection from Classic Media was a reasonable buy at $125, a great buy at $100, a bargain at $75 and a dream come true at $20, the price it's currently being offered up for at Amazon (where I got mine) and elsewhere.


Here's a peek at what's inside this fantastic package. You not only get the first two seasons, but some cartoons (my first taste of the Ranger by the way and I want that whole season too), great faux collectables, a mini-comic, and a giant booklet dripping with photos and information - the thing is square bound it's so big. It all comes in a great box which opens easily and gives easy access to the stuff inside. Great total package, and one I recommend to one and all. At this price it's a steal.

I have a lot of Ranger episodes on VHS and some few on DVD already, but this package is a fantastic addition to the collection regardless. I watched the classic three-episode origin story last night and its the cleanest picture image I've ever owned of these first-rate adventures.


Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, pal. I was able to order that DVD set for $20. I can't wait to have it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help. This is a great great deal.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete