Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Mountain Of Storms!


I've been offline a few days, and for good enough reason. My community recently suffered some staggering storms which unleashed tornadoes mere miles from home. My wife and I are safe and sound and were relatively untouched, but a town I lived in only a few years ago has been devastated.

We lost our television, phone, and internet soon into the storm, and I'm reporting now from my daughters' home many miles away (a scheduled visit by the way). Life progresses more or less normally for us, with a few minor aggravations, but for many life has been changed forever. Prayers and good wishes to everyone out there who suffered from the recent run of very bad weather.

If I can't get connected again when I get home, don't worry, I shall return eventually.

Rip Off

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you and your family are OK, Rip! Best wishes from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sir! We are fortunate folks indeed.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got through the storm unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very decent of you indeed to post this update under circumstances which would have many folks hiding in the corner behind a chair until the shaking stopped. (And I say that as one who experienced an earthquake, a hurricane, and an evacuation last year!) Glad to hear you're well, and don't fret about posting until you've got everything straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best wishes to you an your family and my special prayers to all those seriously effected by the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind thoughts guys. But let me clarify that while my community suffered mightily during this storm (four dead at the last tally within my county and a major housing complex was demolished) my wife and I escaped unscathed save for a few minor inconveniences. We are fine.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete