Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Promethean Problems!


I went and saw Ridley Scott's long-anticipated Prometheus yesterday. I was going to write a detailed review explaining my disappointment with the film, but then I found this review online which says what I was going to say almost exactly. So I'll let it speak for me on this seriously deficient sci-fi experience. I have a bit more respect for the earlier films of Mr.Scott than does the reviewer, but for how this particular movie falls down I think he hits the nail on the head repeatedly. I will warn you though, there are a few spoilers, so don't read it unless you've seen the movie or don't plan to.

Rip Off

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that you're going to really like this video review of Prometheus http://youtu.be/-x1YuvUQFJ0

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny. I'm a bit more forgiving about plot holes in sci-fi than this suggests, but they are all pretty much valid questions. This is a movie a few drafts away from a really coherent plot. It needed at least one re-write.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rip, Check out this link. I was disappointed at first, too. But having read this interpretation, I have much greater respect for the film. I'm tired of being spoon-fed my "syfy."
    cavalorn.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete