Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Savage Millennium!

Brian Stelfreeze

Doug Wildey

Brian Stelfreeze

Brian Stelfreeze

Brian Stelfreeze

Darryl Banks & Brian Stelfreeze

Tony Harris

Tony Harris

Tony Harris

Dave Dorman

Often forgotten or at least little discussed by fans is the Doc Savage Millennium Comics run. These feature some very pulpy covers by Brian Stelfreeze and some average interiors by young talent, but they do offer some of the interesting Doc stories. I was first attracted to the line when I saw a Doug Wildey cover on the second issue of the first limited series.

Then there was this one-shot.


And even a comic book for Pat herself.

Mark Evans

All in a curious addition to the Doc Savage canon. I wonder if they will ever be reprinted. This link offers up some reviews and summaries.

Rip Off

5 comments:

  1. As a lifelong Doc Savage fan, let me help you out here. "AVOID THESE LIKE THE PLAGUE"

    Whew!

    I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us what you really think Chuck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck - Thanks for the candor. I like 'em better than that, but I appreciate your honesty here on the issue.

    Dave - Ditto!

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Wildey cover. Nailed the Doc in my head perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder who has the rights

    ReplyDelete