Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The One-Eye Love!


I'm one of those kids who first read Homer's Odyssey while still a tyke. My one crime (at least the one I still feel guilt about) was borrowing my 5th grade teacher's copy of Homer's Iliad and...ahem...forgetting to return it. I still have that book, alongside about a dozen other versions of Homer's classic tales.

One of the best things about the rambling journeys of Odysseus is his run in with The Cyclops. A giant man-shaped man-eater with a single eye square in the middle of his face is apt to get your attention.

The Cyclops is a visually dramatic opponent as recognized by the several comic book covers you find with either the original or an ersatz version on them. Here's a tiny gallery.









Here's a trailer for a movie I've never seen, but I'd love to.



And then there's this guy.






And this fascination might be why this guy has pretty much always been my favorite X-Man.


Rip Off

2 comments: