Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Won A Major Award!


No! Not that one unfortunately.

This blog, nearing its one year anniversary, has been nominated for an award. Thanks muchly Joe.

There are rules to this Kreativ Blogger Award thing, which is as far as I can tell, part kudo and part chain letter, but all fun.

Here they are:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.

Thanks again Joe Bloke!

2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.



3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.

See above.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

1. I adore the first season of the Andy Griffith show.
2. I drink more Coca-Cola than is really good for anyone.
3. I own all the versions of Jack Kirby's Fourth World saga.
4. I don't text.
5. I admire my mom and dad more each day I live.
6. I cannot finish a Stephen King novel.
7. I own enough books right now to probably keep me reading the rest of my life.

5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.

The Groovy Age of Horror - A really smart blog about horror movies and much much more.
Hero Goggles - A blogger who is firm in his convictions about what makes good comics.
Chain Letters For Disturbed Children - A blog dedicated to some of the best fanzines.
DC Comics 40 Years Ago - A great way to revisit vintage comics, each one a golden memory.
Charlton Vs. Mighty MLJ - One of the strangest and strangely entertaining blogs.
Shades of Gray - Dedicated to a great artist, one who gets too little attention.
Atomic Pulp & Other Meltdowns - The blog that got me to try this whole deal out. Thanks Chris.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

See above.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

I will make it so.

This is a lot of fun, and great way to spread the word about some neat blogs.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who follows and/or takes a few minutes to read my ramblings. This blog has proven to be a real refuge this past year, with some real economic stresses having developed, and I hope to keep it rolling for the foreseeable future. I'll have a bit more to say when the official anniversary rolls around in a few days. Some special things are planned.

Until then, as always...

Rip Off

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rip. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit of a vanity boost to know that other folks are digging what you're dishing out, even a little bit.

    Thanks.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely deserved, sir! And I hope you've noticed how often your blog gets linked to in my daily column at ITCH!

    And on behalf of SHADES OF GRAY, I thank you much but I shall have to pass.No disrespect intended but I quit accepting any awards and even took down those I had won awhile back when it became more of a chore than fun and people started getting angry over things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a problem. Like I said, I see a bit of a chain letter effect in this thing too and I thought about it a bit before linking anyone else up. I saw it as a chance mostly to promote some blogs I really like that are relatively new or have relatively small traffic or just impress the heck out of me.

    And I have noticed the ITCH connections, and appreciate it mightily.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Rip, and thanks for the mention! A shame you didn't get that lamp, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alas I'll have to go lampless for now. I cannot bask in its warm glow.

    You're most welcome.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete