Monday, March 15, 2010

Axe Men!


30 Days Of Night



Reign of Fire


Kull the Conqueror


Evil Dead


The Shining


The Lord of the Rings

I find the TV show Axe Men pretty entertaining. I'm that way about hard physical labor, I'm not afraid of it at all. I can watch it all day long without flinching.

That said, I found that yesterday on my tube there were several movies featuring the noble axe. 30 Days Of Night is a lurid vampire flick with a neat germ of an idea, but which sadly degrades into a gore fest. The hero played by Josh Hartnett wields an axe through most of the movie, taking off heads as necessary. Right after it came Reign of Fire, a movie I really like a lot and which feature Matthew McConaughey as Van Zan, a no-holds barred modern dragonslayer who carries a very heavy axe indeed.

It got me to thinking about other movie axe men. The gallery above is the result. In addition to Eben Oleson and Van Zan are Jack Torrance and famous literary axe wielders Gimli the Dwarf and Kull the Conqueror. I even included Ash from the Evil Dead, though he's of course more famous for his chainsaw.

And below are the true ultimate "Axe Men".


B.B. & Bo

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment