Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rocketeer Adventures!


Here's the Dave Stevens cover for the Russ Heath adaptation of The Rocketeer movie.

And here are two sketches by Stevens planning the cover.



The new series of Rocketeer stories actually has caught my interest. The talent is pretty dang good especially Mike Kaluta who worked on the original stuff, and the covers by Alex Ross so far are outstanding.



Here's an article with more on the upcoming IDW Rocketeer limited series.


And here's a link to the latest issue of Back Issue which features a Dave Stevens interview.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Rip: I'll have to check out that link. I am a huge fan of the Rocketeer movie, which I still think is one of the great pulp or comic book movies ever. And I am a Dave Stevens fan, too. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of service. I don't get every issue of Back Issue, so this stuff slips up on me too.

    I like the Rocketeer movie more than the general populace seemed to also. It's got all the elements. They were remarkably true to the comic.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete