This October it's all about gods and monsters. Expect a ton of coverage of Steve Ditko as has been the focus all year. This month the spotlight is on his work at Charlton. More below.

But also on the schedule is Charlton's magnificent Hercules series by Joe Gill and Sam Glanzman. These talents gave us the most reliable telling of the classic Hercules myths that I'm aware of.
Hercules is almost certainly the most famous name in Greek mythology and certainly worthy of a thorough consideration. Before I re-read those Charlton tales, I took a closer look at the classic myths themselves as retold by Robert Graves in his exhaustively researched collection. That fresh information made the reading of the Charlton tales even more entertaining.
But on the weekends, it will be about Steve Ditko, often partnered with that same Joe Gill. Famous Comics have collected these Ditko classics year by year with five handsome and sometimes hefty collections already available. I'm eager to dive into these handsome books brimming with vintage Charlton material by Ditko and Gill, and a few other Charlton talents.
Look for more than a few surprises as this Halloween month tumbles along.
Rip Off










No comments:
Post a Comment