Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Yeti Giant Of The 20th Century!


What happens when you find a shaggy giant in a glacier and decide to defrost his million year old ass? Well the movie Yeti - Giant of the 20th Century supplies an answer to that question and after seeing this Italian exploitation effort, I'd say the answer is hair products.  I sort of think of this movie as Fabio meets King Kong -- let me explain.


This movie is a fracas to be sure with not a cliche left unturned. We have a lovely young woman who entrances an enormous beast from the past with her flowing hair. I'd imagine there were quite a few fans off screen in this flick as hair was gracefully flowing as girl and Yeti exchanged knowing glances. She'd widened her eyes in a teasing fashion and purse her lips and he expand his giant eyes and roar like a horny rogue elephant.



Of course the Yeti goes on a rampage or two during the movie and my favorite moment is when subduing some bad guys the Yeti catches one between his toes and snaps his neck. It's at once funny and spooky. But mostly the Yeti tumbles around naked with only a somewhat sparse covering of fur or hair or whatever. Why we can't see his little Yeti is unclear, but thank goodness for that blessing. My second favorite moment in the movie is when a stupid and his dog (a Lassie lookalike) find one another after one thinks the other is dead. The director actually does the their running to embrace in classic romance slow motion -- weird.

This ain't a good movie, my copy was fuzzy and washed out, but it is filled with weirdly entertaining ludicrous moments and that's not nothing for a movie this bad.

Rip Off


2 comments:

  1. I know I saw this movie as a kid, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. It's that kind of movie. Aside from the weirdo Fabio-like Yeti it's pretty forgettable.

      Rip Off

      Delete