Monday, May 14, 2012

A Boy's Best Friend!


The Encore Suspense channel ran a peculiar marathon for Mother's Day yesterday. They ran in continuous cycle the classic Hitchcock thriller Psycho.

As it turns out, I've never ever seen Psycho all the way through, so I settled in and remedied that oversight. I found a movie which was in some ways less and in some ways more lurid than I expected. The violence is so understated by modern standards that it hardly exists, but the understated sexual elements are much more pronounced than I realized.

All in all I found the movie completely enthralling. A new Mother's Day tradition is begun I suspect. Now just don't tell my mother.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. That is an odd marathon! But it's a great movie.

    If you've missed other Hitchcock movies you'll have to watch them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw The Birds when I was a kid and it scared me spitless. I've not made a concerted effort to see Hitchcock since, but I have been catching them here and there. North by Northwest is a good one, and I saw The 39 Steps last year and enjoyed it. Rope and Rear Window are also playing on Encore and I need to get them under my belt too.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete