Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Favorite Comic Book Cover Right Now #3 -- Bizarre Thrills!


Joe Staton is my favorite comic book artist. Every since I chanced upon his work in E-Man #6, I've been a fan. I got hold of as mucn of his Charlton work as I could, and I still seek it out. I followed him to DC where he became a go-to artist in many respects. His revival of E-Man at First was a highlight of my collecting experience, as have been the various revivals since. Each new Staton project gets my attention, even his work on Scooby Doo and suchlike. It's been a great year to be a Staton fan as he's produced not only new E-Man work, but his Femme Noir stuff with Chris Mills is superb (it's what DC's Spirit should've been), and he's also done some fun stuff with Jughead for Archie Comics.

The cover above for Bizarre Thrills is an old AC Comics version of Bill Black's Nightveil/Blue Bulleteer character. She's always lovely, but this version of her by Staton is especially provocative.

Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment