Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Plastic Model Flying Saucer!


 

The longtime movie lore is that Ed Wood used pie plates for his flying saucers in the infamous 1959 movie Plan 9 from Outer Space. But that's a legend only. A tasty one I admit. 

(Saucers from Plan 9 from Outer Space)

The truth is that he used several of the Lindberg Flying Saucer model above, which was first released in 1952 and reissued many times after that. For more on this groundbreaking model check out this link. I might need to get one if I can. They radiate cool. 

Rip Off

6 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a flying saucer. I want one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reminded me that I picked one of these up maybe 8 or 10 years ago when it was re-issued. I have it stashed somewhere. As I recall there wasn't much to it as the instructions above indicate. Will have to dig it out and finally build it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few models waiting my attention. One features Godzilla. I'd like to have this UFO model.

      Delete
  3. Ebay has some for sale, but at the usual ridiculous prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunate. Maybe someday. Thanks for the info.

      Delete