Friday, December 11, 2020

Rich Corben R.I.P.

I'm taking time today to read some of Rich Corben's most famous work, the stuff he did for Warren Magazines when he was wowing the comics universe with his lush lustrous imagery, which was at once sophisticated but ruggedly powerful. I've come across no one who created artwork that was like Corben's. He was an original and I celebrate his life today by partaking once again of his legacy. Here is more about that legacy. 

Above is my absolute favorite Corben image. Here are some more of Corben's Warren covers. 













Rip Off 

2 comments:

  1. A great selection of covers from
    truly excellent artist and one of my favourites. They certainly broke the mold when they created Mr Corben. A comic book legend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work was instantly identifiable. The word that comes to mind is "palpable".

      Delete