Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Exitus Annus Horribilus!

That delightful image above is a photo taken for a 1954 cover shoot for Dodge News. I lead off the month with it because it just makes me happy to look at it. The image went with another similar cover shot which I examined some years ago in detail here. I do my best to identify each of the splendid vintage comics behind these lucky tyros from a bygone age. 

As the year 2020 closes out at long last, we all of us might need to take a breather. That's certainly the case for me here at the Dojo. No big themes this month, no political essays (unless something really egregious happens), and perhaps not even a regular post. I want to kick back a bit and just watch some movies, read some comics, plumb some books, and enjoy the cold clean atmosphere of a refreshed America which has shuffled off (for the time being at least) its worst aspects, though we've still got some serious pandemic work to do. But though there may not necessarily be a daily post, I will still be checking in more often than not and updating things here as the need and desire warrants but just not holding myself to a daily commitment. It seems a good time to check the cupboards and nightstands to see what's been laying about and needs some attention. Here are some things I've found already, but I make no promises. 









I'm not going away by any means (you're not that lucky and sometimes I end up posting daily anyway), merely letting off of the throttle a bit as this most demanding annus horribilus comes hopefully to a safe and steady finale. 

Rip Off 

No comments:

Post a Comment