Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Color Me Ditko!


The "Adult Coloring Book" has been a thing now for several years. My late wife was a person with limited mobility and she rather liked the calming effect of simple coloring, though she preferred rather elaborate patterns to engage her mind. My daughters too find these books a nifty way to detox from stressful days of teaching. While I've picked up a few of these for the artwork, I myself don't actually color in them, which is sacrilege I know. The book pictured above has lots of vintage public domain comic covers in it, all stripped of their original colors and ready for an amateur's hand.  




What makes this book of special note to me is that tucked away in its pages is a reproduction of the  The Thing number twelve which happens to feature Steve Ditko's very first ever comic book cover. Nifty! 

Rip Off
 

2 comments:

  1. Is this a British or Canadian import? (It's "Colouring" on the cover).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say for certain, but I suspect you're right.

      Delete