Saturday, September 11, 2010

America Wakes Up!


Of all the comics in my collection, the one I most specifically remember buying is The Avengers #4. It was the last book I needed to complete the run, and I chanced across a copy in my local store for a cool $50. That was more than I paid normally, and is still the most I've ever paid for a single comic book, but I knew what a bargain it was, even then, and I snatched it up. The clerk saw the price and he wanted to hedge, realizing I think that they'd not marked it up enough. But I insisted and brought the book home for the price marked.


I'd first seen the story on the TV, and I first collected it up in Avengers Annual #3, which sported that fantastic John Buscema cover reprising the cover of Avengers #4 and which is a sharper design than Kirby's more iconic and often swiped cover.




Here's the cartoon.





Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment