Sunday, September 5, 2010

The American Band!



I don't know how I've lived this long immersed in comics and not known about Neal Adams doing some album poster art for the rock band Grand Funk Railroad. The image above is from the interior of the album All the Girls in the World Beware!!!.


The exterior of that album is especially gonzo as it features the heads of the band members atop the mighty muscled forms of the future Terminator and governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger and his bicep-building buddy Franco Columbo.


Here's the Adams image used as a poster to promote the GFR tour.


If you are feeling some need now to listen to "The American Band" on this most American of holiday weekends, see below.


Salute!

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for this great stuff from Adams, but mostly thanks for the memories of GFR! Man, what a rush seeing them in that clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. When I stumbled across the Neal Adams artwork, I was filled with the urge to listen to some old GFR. Thank the heavens that Youtube was there to fill me up. Now I need to grab off a CD somewhere.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete