Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tony's Online Tips Closes Shop!


Tony Isabella announced the end of his venerable online column Tony's Online Tips. The column has run both regularly and intermittently for over a decade. I can well remember first prowling the dark wilderness of the internet in those halcyon days and finding the name Tony Isabella astride a rustic column about comics.


I knew that name, he wrote some comics I really liked way back when. His column, bright letters on a black field, became a regular part of my day. Eventually the column moved to World Famous Comics and has been the main reason to check out that place since.


Isabella has left the internet behind for the most part to reorganize his professional obligations and try to find some revenue in this lackluster economy. That's an emotion we certainly feel in my household.



I often disagreed with his assessments, but always found his critiques worthwhile. The blend of personal insight, comics lore, and professional criticism made for an unpredictable but worthy blend. I'll miss it.

Bye Tony!

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I tried to like it but got tired of his predictable leftist politics. Got to the point where I knew what his opinion would be before even reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. live score indonesia

    ReplyDelete