Monday, March 18, 2024

The Day Of The Deadman!








Just wanted to showcase these delightful reprints of the Deadman saga from the 1980's in those halcyon days before trade collections were a commonplace. These pricey (at the time anyway) volumes featured the art of Neal Adams on bright white paper for the first time. The Independent market was blooming and both DC and Marvel flooded the field with upgraded reprints in efforts to soak up newsstand space. That's the bad news. The good news is that fans got quality stories in quality condition for the first time. 

More Deadman (of a sort) later today. 

Rip Off
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's disappointing (I think). I know I have 6 of those reprint issues, but I'm not sure I have the 7th. Over to eBay for me. Yeah, Adams couldn't resist tweaking things, could he? He should have left well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would ya believe it?! Found one on ebay dirt cheap, but thought I'd double-check before buying it. Turns out I DO have it after all. Memory-fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I know how pleasant that feeling is to find the one book you're looking for.

      Delete