Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Look Ahead!

And 2023 looms before us. This year at the Dojo I want to implement a few minor changes, changes I've heralded before. This blog as almost always been a daily affair, and given the number of things I find to yammer on about it will never move too far from that. This past year the daily dose has been fixed by pulling forward vintage Dojo posts, dusting them off and revising them with better graphics and wiser commentary. I'm going to keep doing that when it makes sense, but the ready cache of old posts is thinning to be honest, so look for gaps. The longer gaps will be announced with this. 


When you see this delightful Steve Ditko hero shot of Captain Atom you will know that the blog is "Powering Down" for a bit. Frankly I lifted this notion from Mark Evanier's exquisite blog where he uses cans of soup to indicate that followers can rest easy that while no new material is immediately forthcoming, they can safely know that the lapse is a planned one. 

But when I am up and running (most of the time I suspect) these fifty images are hints at what you might well expect. I am constantly changing my mind, so I don't make promises, save to promise to try. 

















































That's quite a hoard of goodies for the new year. I did quite well last year on my ambitions, completing many projects. And in addition to those things above, I'm sure other items will tantalize and find their way here. I'm looking forward to it. 

Happy New Year!

Rip Off

4 comments:

  1. I have always been amazed by your daily schedule output . I struggle doing this blog thing weekly. Still I do enjoy my morning Dojo read so a few breaks will give me more time to digest your articles. Some good topics to look forward to in 2023, I am especially interested in the Legion and E-Man/Charlton Companion stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a copy of that Charlton Companion and I'm not sure how to approach it yet on the blog but there's little doubt I will. It's full of info. I've meaning to do a complete reading of the classic Legion stories for quite a while now, and I'm committed to doing more vintage DC stuff this year.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Rip! Daily blogging can be tough to keep up with, as I have found out as well. The Dojo is promising some cool stuff in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been blogging daily for thirteen years now, only stopped by a breakdown in the machinery from time to time. I've been trying to back away from daily blogging for at least three years, but I always find something to yak about. I expect that to happen again this year frankly but I do want to take a few more vacations perhaps.

      Delete