Monday, August 6, 2012

Thriller!


Thriller is a limited series from the 80's I'd love to read again. I got rid of all my issues long ago, but I really remember liking the energetic art of Trevor Von Eeden on the first eight issues and the wild designs of Alex Nino on the final four issues. The premise is fantastic and full of pulp vibes. With practically everything published at DC having been reprinted, I'm wondering why this particular series created by Robert Loren Fleming and Von Eeden which seems so ripe for it hasn't been. The back issues can be had cheap, but I'd prefer a more permanent volume. If you don't know much about Thriller, here's a link with a bit more on this offbeat crime-fighting team dubbed "The Seven Seconds". I think you'll be intrigued.












Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Rip, your readers might be interested to know there's a new blog devoted to Thriller at:

    http://thrillerthecomic.wordpress.com

    It's being done by the guy who used to run the preeminent Thriller fan website, so you know it's got depth and passion behind it...which funnily enough is what I'd say about this blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely check it out.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete