Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World!


It almost impossible for me to believe that it has been two years since I lost my beloved Lizzie. She was the most beautiful girl in my world, my loving mate for forty years, and I miss her each and every day. I don't live in a bubble of gloom, nor do I deny myself the company of friends, but life is profoundly different as a widower (the word sounds strange still). As far as I'm concerned I'm still a married stiff, just waiting to rejoin his wife when that time eventually comes. Until that day, I'll work diligently to keep her bright broad smile and shining happy eyes and sweet tender touch in my memory. The Dojo will be on hiatus for a few days  -- look for more of the typical nonsense here next week.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I’m so very sorry to hear about your ongoing grief Rip….’Life is short and People are fragile” has become a personal quote I’ve developed over this past year that I try to stay cognizant of…At age 59 I’m now a 16 month pancreatic cancer survivor. It’s been a very tough year & a half for my wife and myself…One thing she said that brought me to tears during one of our darker periods last year was “I just don’t want to be alone.”…But, after the Whipple surgery and much radiation and chemotherapy - together with a lot of prayers from family, friends and co-workers (A LOT of prayers. I was never a religious guy – but I’m convinced now there’s something good and pure and healing to this whole practice.) I am feeling very good these days. I ain’t going anywhere for now. The Oncology folks have backed me off to a “Stage 1.2”…I’m back at work, riding my bike and running through town…and most importantly – my wife isn’t alone…I’ll say a prayer for you tonight buddy…It works…Stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you all the best fortune amigo, and my prayers too for whatever they are worth. (My Mom is very much the prayer warrior and who am I to argue with my mother.) A colleague of mine had the "Whipple surgery" this past year and sadly it was not as successful. But it sounds like you are on the other side. I'm spending time this weekend with my daughters as we celebrate my Lizzie. I'm here for the duration pal (and they run for the exits)!

      Rip Off

      Delete