Monday, November 23, 2015

Mad's Original Idiots!




Found these one day at the local comics shop and scooped them up. I own some of these stories more than a few times, but others I don't own at all. These are outstanding little collections brimming with the most chaotic of the artwork by Wally Wood, Will Elder, and Jack Davis produced for MAD's early formative years.


At first I was only going to get the Wally Wood volume then I found this slipcase for all three and just bit down hard on the bullet. I'm glad I did. I'm keeping them on the nightstand until I devour them all, proper bits of winter tinder.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. I just got a coffee table book "Mad Art" which has a biography of every Mad Magazine artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAD has been collected more often in more ways than any old magazine I can think of. There are lots of great collections for cheap which seem to be out there. I have a hard time saying no.

      Rip Off

      Delete