Saturday, July 23, 2016

Price Guide Blues!


It's been many moons since I felt the need to pick up a copy of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide. This annual publication was once a big event, a way not only to glean a little info on the relative price of a collection which I never intended to sell (I've changed in that respect) but often offering up some interesting articles on various parts of the comic business. Eventually the whole magilla got overwhelmed by the internet and the copious variant covers Gemstone foisted upon us when they took over the gig some years ago. I quit getting it. But I have to say the Russ Heath cover for one version this year is tempting, an atmospheric image which is completed with the clever title homages to vintage DC war titles. This one looks choice.

Not that I want to slight a fine artist like Amanada Conner who does a fine job on two covers which alas are intended to be two halves of a single image. I appreciate the clever image, but buying two copies of the guide to get the whole shebang is not ever going to be an option for me.




Rip Off

No comments:

Post a Comment