Friday, September 13, 2013

Apocalyptic Bio Picks!

Joe DeVito
Finally my copy of the new version of Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life from Altus Books arrived at my doorstep a few days ago. It has me looking forward to autumn with cooler temps and some exceedingly tasty reading as I again climb the intricate family tree of Philip Farmer's faux-biography of the famous Man of Bronze. 

Jean-Paul Goode
Actually I'll begin with Tarzan Alive from Bison Books which I've had in my stacks for a while now. This is the exotic examination which elaborated for the first time Farmer's deviously detailed Wold-Newton concept.

I've never read these two books in close proximity before and neither in a good many years, so the synthesis of that should be most enlightening. Looking forward to it.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. The Tarzan Alive cover reminds me of Gene Simmons of Kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gosh! I wish you hadn't said that. Now it's in my head. Arrggh!

      He does though.

      Rip Off

      Delete