Sunday, September 16, 2018

Together For the Nth Time!


When I picked up the recent Fantastic Four Facsimile issue of the ground-breaking number one, it's only about the twentieth time I've bought this story in some collection or other. I first saw in a vintage FF annual and have read it again and again and again since. One of the most curious was this time. This issue gives us the comic with all its vintage ads intact and adds a number of essays and such cobbled from previous collections. But what really tipped me over the edge was the little gallery of homages and swipes of the famous cover done by Marvel itself. Here are most of the comics featured in that little gallery.













Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. It's a neat little package and no mistake, though they repeat the FF Omnibus error in the reprint of Stan's intro from Origins Of Marvel Comics. It's the best single-issue reprint of FF #1 to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of seeing take offs of the first FF cover! And FYI yeah I had the first one too, sigh. Amazing Fantasy #15 too.

    ReplyDelete