Monday, December 11, 2017

King Strong!


I was tumbling around the vast terrain which is the internet and stumbled across the ad above. The vintage George Wilson artwork featuring "The Eighth Wonder of the World" for the vintage Gold Key adaptation from 1968, jumped out at me immediately. I don't know if the folks at Maxitile, a siding and roofing materials manufacturer knew of the origin of this artwork, but certainly the folks who made the ad knew. Here is where I found it.


I was immediately reminded how the mighty Kong has been used in ads through the decades, most famously in the Volkswagen commercial from the early 70's.


Poor Kong -- how far the mighty have fallen. Great artwork by Wilson though, even after all these years.

Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Similar British ad from the 1980's could have sworn in was King King, but memory was clearly playing tricks..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG-NTcx3Ojg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun ads. I love seeing stop-motion used for such stuff. Thanks for the link.

      Rip Off

      Delete